The weekly challenges for this week six of Fortnite Battle Royale were rolled out on January 10, and players were quick to notice that something was off about the list.
As usual, this week’s challenges are comprised of three that are available for everyone to complete and four that are reserved exclusively for those who own this season’s Battle Pass.
One of the Battle Pass challenges has three stages, the third of which requires players to deal 200 points of damage to opponents using Grenades, Clingers, or Stink Bombs.
There is an issue with that list of options however, as Clingers were vaulted a month ago and would thus be impossible to use for the purposes of this challenge.
As expected, it did not take long for players to take to social media and Reddit to point out this error and take the opportunity to roast Epic Games in the process.
There are two possible explanations for this kind of error – either the developers in charge of designing and sending out these challenges in-game simply made a mistake, or these challenges are created well in advance and thrown into a database from which seven are picked each week.
Players are reporting that Dynamite, the explosive that essentially took the place of Clingers, works for the purposes of this challenge, which leads to the possibility that the developers meant to put the new explosive in the list instead of the old one.
It would be kind of hard to use Clingers to complete this week 6 challenge considering that the explosive was vaulted a month ago.
An error like this has led some to question how on top of things some employees at Epic Games are, considering this was not the first oversight that a representative made today.
On December 10, a Reddit user posted a suggestion for improving Mounted Turrets that Epic employee ‘EpicDustyDevo’ thought was a brand new idea, when in fact the concept had already been implemented and was just being hindered by a bug.
Popular Fortnite Merch
- 100% Cotton. Screen Printing.
- Machine wash inside out with like colors. Dry with low heat.
- Proudly printed and ship from our Facility in the USA.
- Prime Video
- From the gaming and pop culture phenomenon Fortnite, a Squad of 4 legendary figures!
- Two-inch poseable action figures with premium detailing
- Includes 8 Accessories and 4 Display Stands
- GREAT QUALITY: Moisture wicking, cotton for your comfort!
- ONE SIZE: Fits most sizes (US sizes 6-10 boys/men)
- NON-SLIP: Letters on sock provide grip to the floor!
- Set includes Frostbite Outfit, Freezing Point Back Bling, Chill-Axe Pickaxe and Cold Front Glider
- Includes install of free Fortnite Battle Royale game
- Does not include Save the World mode
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our skilled illustrators and printers in Ann Arbor. If you're ever in the area, stop by for a free...
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they...
- SOFT FABRICS | This shirt is a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 90% USA-grown cotton (10% polyester for the two-tone effect). If you don't speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth...
- 3D EFFECT - a flat acrylic plate that creates a hologram-like illusion image.
- 7 COLOR SETTINGS AND 2 MODES - Change the color of the light into Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Purple and White. Modes are STEADY and ALTERNATE.
- SAFE AND EFFICIENT - shines bright but consumes a little power to operate. LED can operate up to 10,000 hours and never worry of overheating.
- Beginners Guide & Tips - How to Play Better.
- From Zero to Hero Techniques to be a Pro.
- Fortnite News & Updates.
- Janson Media (08/08/2018)
- Running time: 80 min
- Ryan Fitzsimons, Little Lizard Fortnite
- Prime Video