It’s no secret that Fortnite is a monster, but because it’s not on Steam it’s impossible to say exactly how monstrous it really is, as Epic generally doesn’t share those numbers. Epic Games Korea CEO Sung Chul Park recently did, however, telling Korean site Inven that the game has exceeded 8.3 million concurrent players.
The report doesn’t get into specifics like when the peak was hit or how long it held, but it’s such a ridiculous figure that it almost doesn’t matter—especially considering that Fortnite only (“only”) hit 3.4 million concurrents in February, when it surpassed PUBG’s then-huge peak concurrent player record of 3.2 million, set in January.
And consider this: SteamDB indicates that there are currently 13.2 million concurrent users across all of Steam (though it peaks much higher at times), meaning that if Fortnite’s growth continues along the same curve, there may soon be times when there are more people playing it simultaneously than there are on Steam—the whole damn platform. That is bizzonkers.
The original interview is in Korean and Google Translate is an ill-tempered beast, but an Epic rep confirmed that the figure is accurate.
Popular Fortnite Merch
- 100% Cotton. Screen Printing.
- Machine wash inside out with like colors. Dry with low heat.
- Proudly printed and ship from our Facility in the USA.
- Prime Video
- From the gaming and pop culture phenomenon Fortnite, a Squad of 4 legendary figures!
- Two-inch poseable action figures with premium detailing
- Includes 8 Accessories and 4 Display Stands
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our skilled illustrators and printers in Ann Arbor. If you're ever in the area, stop by for a free...
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they...
- SOFT FABRICS | This shirt is a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 90% USA-grown cotton (10% polyester for the two-tone effect). If you don't speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth...
- Set includes Frostbite Outfit, Freezing Point Back Bling, Chill-Axe Pickaxe and Cold Front Glider
- Includes install of free Fortnite Battle Royale game
- Does not include Save the World mode
- 3D EFFECT - a flat acrylic plate that creates a hologram-like illusion image.
- 7 COLOR SETTINGS AND 2 MODES - Change the color of the light into Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Purple and White. Modes are STEADY and ALTERNATE.
- SAFE AND EFFICIENT - shines bright but consumes a little power to operate. LED can operate up to 10,000 hours and never worry of overheating.
- Beginners Guide & Tips - How to Play Better.
- From Zero to Hero Techniques to be a Pro.
- Fortnite News & Updates.
- Boys Battle Royale Style Pajama Set
- Premium Black PJs In A Soft Comfortable Material
- Has An Elasticated Waist and Cuffed Ankles
- Janson Media (08/08/2018)
- Running time: 80 min
- Ryan Fitzsimons, Little Lizard Fortnite
- Prime Video