Epic Games have confirmed that they will be fixing a critical bug associated with the Mounted Turrets in Fortnite Battle Royale and it looks to be huge improvement to the controversial item.
The bug that’s currently affecting Mounted Turrets is causing the hit-markers that players see when firing at one shown as white rather than bronze/gold.
Epic Games implemented bronze/gold hit-markers in order to help players who are shooting at vehicles be able to easily differentiate whether their shots are striking the body of the vehicle of the pilot and/or passengers riding inside.
Although Mounted Turrets are not a vehicle, this effect was implemented to the item because players can still use it by entering the attached seat. However, this bug is causing the hit-markers to be white and confusing players who fire at the turrets.
This issue was brought to the attention of the developers by a Reddit user ‘SmackJevans,’ who posted a video asking the hit-markers to be colored back in.
Funnily enough, Epic representative ‘EpicDustyDevo’ thought it was a fantastic new idea and had this to say in the comments section: “Great idea, looks like we can bang this out quickly and have it out next week with 7.20. Thanks for the input!”
Turns out that the rep was simply out of touch on the issue and later realized that the idea had already been implemented but was being hindered by a bug.
Owning up to the mistake, the rep confirmed that the bug would still be fixed in the next game update: “Was just informed it was a bug, not a new feature. Can you tell I didn’t read the whole thread? Anyway, thanks for bringing it up, will be fixed next week.”
Although the release date for the v7.20 update has not been announced, it should go live either on January 15 or 16, and this is one of the biggest aspects of it that has been revealed so far.
Until then, players will have to make do with the bugged out hit-markers and somehow figure out whether they are hitting the Mounted Turrets or the players controlling them.
Popular Fortnite Merch
- 100% Cotton. Screen Printing.
- Machine wash inside out with like colors. Dry with low heat.
- Proudly printed and ship from our Facility in the USA.
- Prime Video
- From the gaming and pop culture phenomenon Fortnite, a Squad of 4 legendary figures!
- Two-inch poseable action figures with premium detailing
- Includes 8 Accessories and 4 Display Stands
- GREAT QUALITY: Moisture wicking, cotton for your comfort!
- ONE SIZE: Fits most sizes (US sizes 6-10 boys/men)
- NON-SLIP: Letters on sock provide grip to the floor!
- Set includes Frostbite Outfit, Freezing Point Back Bling, Chill-Axe Pickaxe and Cold Front Glider
- Includes install of free Fortnite Battle Royale game
- Does not include Save the World mode
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our skilled illustrators and printers in Ann Arbor. If you're ever in the area, stop by for a free...
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they...
- SOFT FABRICS | This shirt is a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 90% USA-grown cotton (10% polyester for the two-tone effect). If you don't speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth...
- 3D EFFECT - a flat acrylic plate that creates a hologram-like illusion image.
- 7 COLOR SETTINGS AND 2 MODES - Change the color of the light into Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Purple and White. Modes are STEADY and ALTERNATE.
- SAFE AND EFFICIENT - shines bright but consumes a little power to operate. LED can operate up to 10,000 hours and never worry of overheating.
- Beginners Guide & Tips - How to Play Better.
- From Zero to Hero Techniques to be a Pro.
- Fortnite News & Updates.
- Janson Media (08/08/2018)
- Running time: 80 min
- Ryan Fitzsimons, Little Lizard Fortnite
- Prime Video